Gwadar is a port city on the Arabian sea in costal Baluchistan .Gwadar is situated on the southwestern Arabian sea on a natural hammerhead shaped peninsula namely Gwadar West Bay and Gwadar East Bay.
Gwadar is largely fiat baleen land with two hills Koh-e- Batil and Koh-e-mehdi.Koh-e-batil maximum height is 449ft at the head of the hammerhead peninsula and that of arabian sea Gwadar is a port city on the Arabian sea in costal BaluchistanFor many centuries Gwadar was under the control of various regional and colonial states and science 1958 it has been under the administration of Pakistan .
Strategically gwadar is located at the apex of the Arabian Sea and at the mouth of the Gulf of Oman. The city is merging as a trade hub and a transit Chinese oil and timber imports and transshipments.
The Gwadr is one of the few plane cities in Pakistan like Faisalabad, Jauharabad nd Islamabad. The district was divided in to sub –divisions for administrative purpose, namely Gwadar and Pasni.These sub divisions are further divided in to tehsil and sub tehsils.Gwadar Sub-division have two tehsils named Gwadar and Jiwani, and other sub tehsil named Suntsar .Pasni Sub-division is divided in to two tehsil Pasni and Omara .The 600 kilometers long coast line and un-irrigated tracks of Kulanch and Dansht valleys, has always been an important chapter of Makran history.
The region remained on the sidelines of history for a millennium, until the Arab-Muslim army of Muhammad bin Qasim captured the town of Gwadar in 711 CE and over the intervening (and nearly equivalent) amount of time the area was contested by various powers, including the Mughals (from the east) and the Safavids (from the west). The Portuguese captured, sacked and burnt Gwadarin 1581 and this was then followed by almost two centuries of local rule by the various Balochi tribes.
The city was visited by Ottoman Admiral Sidi Ali Reis in 1550s and mentioned in his book Mirat ul Memalik (The Mirror of Countries), 1557 CE. According to Sidi Ali Reis, the inhabitants of Gwadar were Baloch and their chief was Malik Jelaleddin, son of Malik Dinar. In 1783, the Khan of Kalat granted suzerainty over Gwadar to Taimur Sultan, the defeated ruler of Muscat. When the Sultan subsequently retook Muscat, he was to continue his rule in Gwadar by appointing a Wali (or “governor”).
The Gwadar fort was built during Omani rule, whilst telegraph lines were later extended into the town courtesy of the British.